11/4 cup basan
11/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar (varies according to taste)
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
1 tablespoon pista (pistachio), shredded
1 tablespoon badam (almonds), shredded
2-3 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
1. Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan or kadhai.
2. Add basan and saute over medium heat, stirring continuously to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pan, until it turns pink.
3. Add sugar and saute, over low heat for 2 minutes.
4. Now add milk and keep stirring, until done or halwa starts leaving the sides of the pan.
5. Now add cardamom powder ad mix well.
6. Garnish with pista and almonds.
Cooking time: 10-15minutes