• 6 – karelas
• For masala:
• 1 – Onion
• 3 – Garlic Cloves
• 2 tsp -coriander seeds
• 2 tsp – Cumin seeds (jeera)
• 5-6 – dry/red chilli
- For the masala, add all the ingredients (onion, garlic, dhania, jeera, dry chillies) in the blender and grind them to a fine paste.
- Fry the paste in a pan using required amount of oil. Add salt to the paste. Keep aside.
- Wash karelas properly and cut them at both ends in such a way that you can stuff the masala. The karelas should not be cut completely, they should remain whole.
- After cutting, keep the karelas in microwaveable plate and microwave them for about 5 mins. They will become a little tender.
- If you don’t have a microwave, you can directly start frying the karelas.
- Now take a pan and place it on the stove. Add oil and fry the karelas till they are cooked (you can also deep fry them.)
- Take out the karelas from the pan and let them cool for some time.
- Now, stuff the fried masala paste in the fried karelas. Don’t break the karelas.
- Fry the stuffed karelas again for about 5-10 mins on a low flame, depending on how deeply you want to fry them.
- If you have any paste remaining, add that in as well. Fry till they are done.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi