• 400g – risotto Rice
• 1 dash – Olive oil
• 2 – onions, chopped
• 100 ml – white wine
• 1 liter – Chicken or vegetable stock
• 70g – Butter
• 100g – parmesan cheese
• Salt and white pepper to taste
- Saute onions in olive oil and butter until they take a golden colour.
- Add the risotto rice and saute until it gets translucent.
- Add the white wine and simmer on low until the rice has absorbed the wine.
- Add some of the hot stock, stirring lightly.
- Let it simmer, stirring continuously, until all the stock has been absorbed by the rice.
- Add some more stock and continue stirring and simmering on low temperature – until all the stock is used up.
- Cook until the rice is soft but not overcooked.
- Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle cheese on top.
Recipe courtesy of dheeraj singh bhandari