• 1 cup – cut leaves of 2/3 beets
• 10 Curry leaves
• 1/4 cup – Coriander leaves
• 1 Onion (chopped)
• 2 tsp – Urad Dhal
• 5 red/green chillies
• A small piece – Tamarind or 1 Tomato or some Lime juice
• 2 tsp – oil (for frying)
• Salt (as required)
- Pour oil in a tawa When the oil is hot enough add the Urad dhal and saute till golden brown
- Add onion and chillies, saute till onions get transparent
- Add tomato/tamarind and the leaves for few minutes till the raw smell goes.
- Cool it for a few minutes and grind it with the required salt.
- Splutter mustard with little urad dhal in oil to the Chutney for seasoning.
- It tastes delicious with Idlis, Dosas, Chappathis and also for Rice.
Recipe courtesy of Shanmugapriya