Spicy and delicious dry roasted besan bhaji with vegetables
5-6 tablespoon besan (gram flour)
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 small capsicum, chopped
1 inch ginger, grated
1-2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
2 green chilies, chopped
2 tablespoon mixed vegetable (carrot, beans, peas, corn kernels)
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves (optional)
3/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 teaspoon haldi (turmeric) powder
1 tablespoon coriander leaves for garnishing
3-4 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and allow it to crackle.
2. Add garlic, ginger and fry for a minute.
3. Add green chilies, onion and capsicum and fry until golden brown.
4. Add vegetables and fry until vegetables are tender.
5. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and fry for a minute.
6. Add besan and fry until besan is cooked and gives out a nice aroma.
7. Add salt and approximately 2-3 cups water, little at a time, continually stirring to avoid lump formation.
8. Cook until consistency is thick.
9. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes