• 115 g – gram flour
• 30 g – hot oil
• 60 ml – water
• 1/2 tsp – soda bicarbonate
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 1/2 tsp – ajwain
• a pinch – Asafoetida
• 1/2 tsp – crushed peppercorns
• 1 – 2 tsp – extra oil
• 300 ml – oil
- Sift gram flour and add crushed peppercorns, ajwain and asafoetida to it.
- Add hot oil and rub it in.
- Dissolve salt and soda in 60 ml of water. Bring it to a boiling point and let it cool.
- Make a hole in the centre of the flour and add water to it to make a stiff dough.
- Add extra 1 – 2 tsp of oil and knead again.
- Knead the dough till it is quite smooth.
- Heat oil in a kadai and reduce heat to medium. Press through sev mould and place it into hot oil. Fry till it is crisp and golden in colour. Drain out the oil and place it on a kitchen towel so it absorbs the extra oil. Store it in an airtight container.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya’s World
Recipe courtesy of Niya