• 1/2 kg – bheendi (lady fingers)
• 3 – medium sized Onions
• 2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 2 tsp – coriander powder
• Â½ tsp – Turmeric powder
• Â½ tsp – Mango powder (amchur)
• 4 to 5 tbsp – oil
• 3 to 4 – drops Lemon juice
• salt to taste
- Wash the bheendi and pat dry with a clean cloth.
- Chop off the two ends of each ladyfinger and slit them in the middle without cutting into two.
- Grate the onions and squeeze out the water.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, mango powder and salt to the onions and mix well.
- Stuff each bheendi with some of the onion mixture.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai. Place the bheendis in oil.
- Evenly sprinkle few drops of lemon juice on the bheendis to ensure that they do not stick to each other.
- Cover the kadai with a lid, having some water on it.
- Cook on a low flame till they are tender.
- Gently turning the lady fingers at short intervals.
- Serve accompanied by a dal of your choice and hot chapattis.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja