• 250 gms – Rohu fish (5 pieces)
• 2 – Tomatoes (large)
• 2 – Potatoes (medium)
• 1/2 tsp – Pas Phoron
• 2 tbsp – Lemon juice
• Turmeric powder
• Mustard oil
- Marinate the fish pieces with turmeric powder, salt and a tbsp of lemon juice for an hour.
- Heat mustard oil and shallow fry the fish pieces on both sides and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add Paas phooron.
- When the Paas phooron stops spluttering, add turmeric powder and salt.
- Now cut and add the tomatoes and potatoes, fry till oil separates and tomato starts to melt.
- Add water and cover with a lid.
- When water starts to boil, add the fish pieces, cover again and cook on low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Now add a tbsp of lemon juice, mix well and cook on low flame for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
- Recipe Courtesy: brahmosfoodie