• 5 to 7 small packets – biscuits
• 2 tsp – unsalted Butter
• 2 tbsp – chocolate powder
• 1 tsp – unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1.5 tsp – instant coffee powder (optional)
• 2 tbsp – cornstarch
• 2 tbsp – Sugar
• 3 cups – Milk
• 1/4 cup – chopped Walnuts
- Mix the corn starch with 1/2 cup of milk.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan on low flame, add the remaining 2 cups of milk.
- Add in the chocolate powder, cocoa powder, sugar and butter.
- Bring the milk to a boil.
- Add in instant coffee powder and mix it well.
- Add in the diluted corn starch.
- Stir constantly and once the mixture starts thickening, take it off the flame.
- Keep stirring to make sure it is smooth with no major lumps.
- Use a whisk or a hand blender if needed.
- Set it aside and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- Now for the assembly of the cake, open the packets of biscuits and take out the broken ones.
- Take the biscuit and give it a quick dip in the milk and start layering on the platter.
- Lay out the first layer of biscuit and then spread some syrup/sauce over it.
- Alternate with a layer of biscuits and sauce till you reach a desired height.
- Cover the top most layer with the balance of the syrup and some on the sides.
- Sprinkle it with chopped walnuts and let it cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Slice it like you would for a cake and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi