• 8 slices sandwich bread
• 2 eggs
• 2 tbsp Sugar
• 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
• Butter or Ghee for frying
• 1/2 cup Milk
- Break the eggs in a bowl and beat it well with the sugar.
- Add the vanilla essence and milk, and mix well.
- Heat a flat pan and add a tbsp of butter or ghee and smear all over.
- When hot, dip one slice of bread at a time in the egg and milk mixture and shallow fry each slice on both sides till golden brown.
- 2 or 3 slices can be fried at a time.
- Serve hot with any of condensed milk, jam, honey or powdered sugar.
- Recipe courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White-Kumar