• 1 kg – big and ripe brown boras
• 2 tbsp – each of mustard and anise seeds and shahjeera
• 25g – ginger, sliced into small pieces
• 250g – Sugar
• 3 tbsp – chilli powder
• 2 tbsp – Turmeric powder
• Salt to taste
- Put the boras in sun for 2 days.
- On the third day, make a slit on one side halfway through.
- If you can, take out the inside seeds but be careful not to tear the boras.
- Pound mustard, anise seeds and shah jeera coarsely and mix with salt, chilli and turmeric powder.
- Stuff the mixture nicely into each bora and set them aside.
- Put 1/4 cup water in sugar and prepare a thick syrup mix in the boras and ginger and remove from fire.
- Cool and bottle. Eat after 2 days.