• 7 – long Brinjals
• 2 – medium-sized Tomatoes (chopped)
• 1 – medium-sized Onion (chopped)
• 3 – Green chillies (chopped)
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric
• 3 tbsp – oil
• 1 tbsp – chilli powder
• 1/2 cup – Curd
• salt to taste
• a few coriander leaves, chopped
• a few Curry leaves
- Take water in a bowl. Add 1 tsp of salt.
- Cut the brinjals into thin pieces and put them in the salt water.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal, dry red chillies and fry a bit (until they turn red).
- Add the curry leaves, then the chopped onions, green chillies and brinjal together.
- Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder and salt.
- Cover the pan and cook on low flame. Keep stirring in between, making sure that the brinjals don’t turn into paste while stirring.
- When the brinjal are cooked, add chopped tomatoes and cook until they are done.
- Turn off the flame. Add curd and chilli powder and mix well.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves. Serve with chapathi or rice.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi