• 1 – Broccoli, medium sized
• a few beans (cut into small pieces)
• 1/2cup – Sambar dal
• 5 – Red Chillies
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• oil – enough for the quantity of the vegetables.
• Salt as needed
- Pressure cook the broccoli, beans and the sambar dal with enough water.
- When it is done, splutter the mustard seeds.
- Put the broken red chillies and add this vegetable mix into that.
- Add some turmeric powder and the salt needed.
- Allow some time to mix well.
- You can have it in a consistency you like. Koottu is ready.
Recipe courtesy of Mini Ramchandran