• 1 tsp Urad Dal
• 1/2 tsp each Cumin and Mustard Seeds
• 5 tsp Oil
• 1 Stalk Curry leaves
• 3 Green chillies
• 1 cup Mixed vegetables
• 1 Small Onion (cut)
• 1 Small Tomato (cut)
• A handful of coriander leaves, chopped
• 2 tsp Lemon juice
• Salt to taste
• 2 cups Broken Wheat
• 2 cups Water
- Heat oil in a heavy pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and dal and fry on low till light golden.
- Add green chillies, curry leaves, and onions. Stir and fry till the onions are light brown.
- Add the tomato and mixed vegetables. Add salt to taste.
- Close pan to let the tomato and vegetables cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in 2 cups of boiling water and stir well. Bring water to a boil.
- Add the broken wheat and close the pan to let the wheat cook on medium fire for 3 minutes. Bring to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and coriander and mix well.
- Mould into a greased cup and unmould onto a serving plate.
Recipe courtesy of Padamshree