• 1 to 1.5 cups – boiled long grain Rice
• 1 small can – black beans
• 4 – soft tortilla
• Red onions, sliced in thin strips
• 3 tsp – Lime juice
• 1 – green bell pepper, seeded and cut in to thin strips
• 1/2 cup – cilantro, chopped
• 2 tsp – dried Oregano
• 4 tbsp – guacamole
• 4 tbsp – fresh salsa
• 4 tbsp – sour Cream
• 4 tbsp – grated, cheddar cheese
- Saute green bell peppers and red onions in oil with oregano until slightly crisp.
- Boil rice till light and fluffy. Then add chopped coriander, lime juice and salt. Mix well.
- Drain black beans from can, rinse well and stir fry in oil with little crushed garlic, ginger, cumin, black pepper and salt.
- Slightly toast tortillas in 2 tbsp oil on a hot tava or girdle.
- Turn both sides so that they are toasted well.
- To assemble:
- Take one tortilla on a plate. Spread guacamole on the tortilla as an even layer.
- Place 2 tbsp of rice mix on one half of the tortilla. Add black beans on top.
- Spread salsa, sour cream and grated cheese on top of the beans.
- Fold the tortilla like a wrap.
- This can be prepared ahead until the wrap stage. Then cover the prepared burritos loosely with foil and refrigerate.
- When you are ready to serve, warm in preheated oven(300 F) for 5-10 mins.
- Remove foil and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Devipriya Anand