• 2 cups (400 g) – Idli Rice
• 1 cup ( 200 g ) – grated Coconut
• 1/2 cup – Tamarind juice or 1 tbsp – Tamarind paste
• 2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp – Asafoetida / Hing
• 1.25 tsp – salt ( or to taste )
• 1-onion finely chopped ( optional )
• 250 g – shredded Cabbage
• 2 tsp – cooking oil
• 3 cheese cubes-grated cheese
- Wash and soak rice for 5 – 6 hours (or overnight). Grind with grated coconut, tamarind juice, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Grind until the batter is of a fine consistency.
- Transfer this batter to another container / bowl and mix with asafoetida / hing and finely shredded cabbage. Add extra water and salt if required. The batter should be just like dosa batter and of pouring consistency.
- Heat frying pan / dosa tawa. Apply little oil. Pour 1 ladleful of batter and spread it in a circle.
- Sprinkle chopped onions (or you can mix chopped onions in the batter).
- Cover with a lid cook for 5 -8 minutes on medium flame. Turn other side and cook till golden colour. Colour of cabbage polo should be in golden colour with golden brown onions. Repeat for remaining batter. Sprinkle grated cheese and serve hot with chutney / tomato sauce.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya’s World
Recipe courtesy of Niya