Monsoon season is the favourite season because of the delicacies we can crave for and that is food of rainy season. Pakoras are the most desire food of rainy season. Cabbage pakora is very unique pakora and always loved in this season. It is crispy outside and soft from inside with little spicy. This lip-smacking pakoras is best served hot with cup of tea. Also it goes very well with green chutney and tomato ketchup. It is the best evening snack to have in these rainy days.
– 1 cup shredded cabbage
– 1/2 cup fenugreek leaves
– 1/2 cup gram flour
– 2 tablespoons rice flour
– 10-12 chopped cashew nuts
– 2 finely chopped green chillies
– 1/2 teaspoon aniseeds
– 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
– 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin powder
– 1 teaspoon soda bi-carb
– 1 tablespoon hot oil
– Salt to taste
– Oil for frying
How To Cook?
1. In a bowl, put shredded cabbage, fenugreek leaves, chopped green chilies and salt. Set aside for about 5 minutes.
2. Heat sufficient oil in a deep pan.
3. When the cabbage and fenugreek leaves starts leave some water mix in the gram flour and rice flour into it. Mix well.
4. Then add all the spices, chopped cashew nuts and hot oil and mix them again. Add water if required and make very thick batter. Do not make thin better because cabbage will leave its own some water and batter will become thin.
5. When the oil is heated drop spoonful of batter in hot oil with using spoon. Fry them on MEDIUM-LOW flame till it turns golden-brown.
6. Serve with a cup of tea or green chutney or ketchup.
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons