• 3 large, thick Carrots
• 5-6 cheese cubes
• 2 Capsicums
• 2-3 slices canned Pineapple
• 1 tbsp – Vinegar
• 1/2 tsp – powdered dried Mint leaves
• 1/2 tsp – pepper powder
• 2 tbsp – Cream
• 2 tbsp – syrup of canned Pineapple
- Soften peeled carrots by placing in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain, dice into 1 wide, 1/2 thick squares.
- Cut capsicum and pineapple into similar sized pieces.
- Halve each cheese cube, keep aside in fridge till required.
- Mix mint, pepper, salt, syrup, cream, vinegar, in a bowl, till well blended.
- Toss in carrots, capsicums, and pineapple pieces.
- Keep aside to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Either grill in a baking sheet for 5-7 minutes, or sizzle by stir frying for 3-4 minutes.
- Or serve chilled and marinated only.
- To proceed:
- Poke one piece of cheese, one pineapple, one capsicum, one carrot in that order in a toothpick.
- Make sure that carrot is at the base, and cheese at the top.
- Arrange in a serving dish, carrot being the lowest, and toothpicks standing erect.
- Serve with cocktails or mocktails, as pickups, with tiny paper napkins.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi