• 1.5 cup – grated Cauliflower
• 1/2 cup – Green Peas, thawed
• 1 – large Onion, chopped
• 1 – large Tomato, chopped
• 1 tbsp – Ginger Garlic paste
• 1/2 tsp – Asafoetida
• 1 tsp each – Cumin seeds, Red Chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder
• Slat to taste
• 2 tsp – Oil
• 2-3 – Green Chillies, chopped small
• Black pepper to garnish
• 1 tsp – Garam Masala
• Spring onion to garnish ( optional )
• Cilantro leaves to garnish
- Wash cauliflower with warm water, grate it and drain well.
- Now heat 1 tsp oil in another pan and roast grated cauliflower for 5-6 min on medium flame so that it gets dry and fluffy.
- Keep aside once done.
- Now heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, splutter cumin seeds and add asafoetida to it.
- Add chopped onion and saute till brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute on low flame.
- Then add tomatoes and green chilies, cook covered for 4-5 minutes stirring in between.
- Add all the spices except garam masala and black pepper, combine well and cook again for 2-3 more minutes till the masala gets cooked.
- Now add peas and cook covered for another 3- 4 minutes till it gets slight tender. It might take longer if using fresh peas; you just need to get them almost cooked not completely mashed up.
- Add in grated cauliflower and give a gentle toss, don’t mix it hard else it will result in mushy cauliflower.
- Cook it uncovered for next 3-4 minutes, folding gently in between.
- Turn off the flame and add garam masala to the dish.
- Serve hot garnishing with black pepper, cilantro and spring onion.
Recipe courtesy of Nupur