• 500 g – plain flour/maida
• 1/2 tsp – baking powder
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 1 tsp – white pepper powder
• 2 tsp – Butter or margarine
• 1/2 cup – shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup – Milk
• oil for frying
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder and pepper into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Mix in butter or margarine and cheese with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the milk and mix lightly with a fork until the mixture holds together and leaves the sides of bowl. (Add a little water if required).
- Roll out on to a floured board about 12×4 inches.
- Cut crosswise into strips about 1/2 inch wide.
- Lift the strips carefully and twist each one gently.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep-fry the strips golden. Or place the twists 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Carefully transfer the cheese twists to wire racks to cool.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White