• 1 cup – boiled Potato, mashed thoroughly
• 1 cup – freshly made Breadcrumbs
• 1/2 cup – boiled Peas, crushed slightly
• 1/2 cup – Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese mix
• 1 tsp – Salt, Turmeric, Coriander Powder, Red Chilli powder each
• 1 tsp – Poppy Seeds (khus khus)
• Oil for deep frying
• 1/2 cup – Coriander leaves, chopped
• 1 – Tomato, pureed
• 1/2 tsp – Black Pepper for garnishing.
• 1 – Green Chilli, chopped very fine
- Mix all the ingredients except cheese, black pepper and coriander leaves together and knead well.
- Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 7-8 equal balls.
- Now, flatten the ball with your palms slightly, fill in the half of the cheese and fold them together into a ball.
- Heat oil in a deep pan on high flame first so that becomes very hot.
- Turn the flame on low now and deep fry the balls.
- Keeping the flame low in this step, it is very important, else the balls will burn from outside and will be raw from the inside.
- Garnish with cilantro and black pepper.
- Serve it with any chutney of your choice. Recipe courtesy: UK Rasoi
Recipe courtesy of Nupur