• 1 pack – Chicken gizzards
• 3 tsp – ginger-garlic paste
• 1 – Onion
• 1 – Tomato
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2-3 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• oil as required
• salt to taste
- Clean and wash the chicken gizzards thoroughly in water. Rub with 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of red chilli powder and salt. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the onions. Fry until brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for a while.
- Add the remaining turmeric powder, red chilli powder and the tomatoes.
- Add the gizzards.
- Fry until the gizzards have mixed well with the onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic. Add salt. Saute for some more time.
- Add 3 glasses of water and cover with the lid, stirring every 5 minutes. Let the gravy thicken.
- Serve with chapathi, puri, fried rice, plain rice, biryani or naan.
Recipe courtesy of Rathi Selva