• 1.5 kg – chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 2 – onions, finely chopped
• 1.5 can – Tomato paste (or Tomato sauce)
• 1.5 large can – stewed Tomatoes or several fresh Tomatoes
• 4.5 Cloves – garlic, minced
• 1 tsp cumin
• cayenne pepper or red pepper, black pepper, salt (to taste)
- In a large stew pot, combine everything except the chicken. Stir until all is well mixed.
- Bring to a slow boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, cover, and simmer for another half hour or more, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with Baton de Manioc / Chikwangue, Fufu, or Rice.
Recipe courtesy of Congo Cookbook