• 200 g – Chicken (breast and leg pieces or boneless)
• 1/2 kg – onion, cut into thin long slices
• 1 – big bunch of Coriander leaves
• 7 – green chillies, cut into small pieces
• 6 – elaichi
• 10 – kishmish
• 5 tsp – ginger-garlic paste
• 1 tsp – coriander powder
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric
• salt to taste
• 2 tsp – Curd
- Apply salt to the onions and keep aside for 5 minutes. Then squeeze out all the water from the onions and deep-fry until golden brown.
- Grind the fried onions with curd, elaichi and kishmish into a fine paste.
- Take oil in a pan and add the ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, chillies, turmeric and salt and fry for some time.
- Add the chicken and fry until it turns brown.
- Add the onion-curd paste and cook until the oil separates.
- Add coriander and a little water and cook until done (the gravy should be thick).
- Add lime juice and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Namrata D’souza