• 10 – bread slices
• 100 g – French beans (finely chopped)
• 2 – medium-sized Carrots (finely chopped)
• 3 – Green chillies (crushed)
• 2 – medium-sized Potatoes
• 1 – small Onion (finely chopped)
• a handful – Spinach (washed and finely chopped)
• Green chilli sauce as per taste
• a pinch – ajinomoto
• oil for deep frying
• 1/2 tsp – Vinegar
• 2 tbsp – oil (for sauteing)
• salt to taste
• 4 tbsp – flour
- Boil the potatoes and mash while hot.
- Immerse the spinach in hot water for 2-3 minutes. Squeeze out the water completely and keep the spinach aside.
- Cut rounds from the bread slices using a cutter or a lid.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add the chopped French beans, carrots, onions, green chillies and ajinomoto. Saute on low flame until the vegetables are tender but crunchy.
- Add the mashed potatoes, spinach, chilli sauce, salt and vinegar. Saute on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and cool completely.
- Mix the flour in sufficient water to prepare a mixture of dropping consistency, but thick enough to coat the gold coins.
- Place about 1 heaped tbsp of the vegetable mixture on each circular piece of the bread.
- Dip the pieces in the flour mixture and deep-fry in hot oil on medium flame until golden. Serve hot with any sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja