Chirote sweet snack is a traditional sweet of Karnataka. That is generally prepared on special occasions and religious festivals like Diwali and etc. it also very popular dessert in traditional Maharashtra cuisine and it is called Chiroti. The best occasion to have this delicious and sugary snack is Diwali festival. To prepare this you don’t have to bother and hassle and the Ingredients used to make are very less. Also it is quick to make too. So let’s not delay it and take a look for the recipe.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 2-3 Persons
– ? cup flour
– ? Teaspoon ghee
– 2 teaspoons yogurt
– Oil for frying
– Some powdered sugar, for topping
For The Paste
– 5 teaspoon rice flour
3 teaspoon ghee
How To Cook?
1. In a bowl, combine together the flour, ghee and yogurt. Mix everything well.
2. Knead stiff dough otherwise you won’t get a crispy and light sweet. Add very little water if required. Set aside for about 20 minutes.
To Make Paste
1. Mix together the rice flour and ghee in a bowl.
To Make Chirote
1. Now, take the dough and roll out in rectangular shape. Spread the prepared paste of rice flour all over to the rolled out dough.
2. Fold the rolled out dough gently, cut the roll and give it a firm press.
3. Heat oil in a pan, once heated deep fry this chirote over LOW flame until dark brown.
4. Once they done, top them with powdered sugar while still hot.