• Yellow Moong Dal – 1 cup
• Onion – 1
• Green chilli – 1
• Ginger – 1
• Tamarind – a small ball
• Salt to taste
• Oil – as required
• Dhania for garnishing
- Soak the yellow moong dal for 3-4 hours. Then grind with a little salt and ginger.
- Put the paste like idlis in an idli stand and steam without whistle.
- In the meantime, Heat a little oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion, green chilli, salt and tamarind pulp and cook a little.
- When the dal idlis have cooled down, cut them into cubes and add them in the paste in the pan.
- Mix gently. Garnish with lots of dhania.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi