• 1.25 cups – Maida
• 1 cup – fresh curd, beaten
• 1 cup – Sugar
• 1/2 cup – oil
• 3 tbsp – cocoa powder
• 1 tsp – baking powder
• 1 tsp – baking soda
• a few drops vanilla essence
• a pinch of salt
• a few chopped Walnuts
• melted Butter and flour for greasing
- Sieve the maida, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- In another bowl, beat the curd and add sugar to it.
- Keep mixing as you pour in the oil. Mix well.
- Add the vanilla essence with walnuts on top.
- To this batter, add the sieved mixture slowly and mix it thoroughly.
- Preheat a greased baking pan at 180 degrees C for a few minutes.
- Pour the batter and bake the cake for 35 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Annu Jamwal