• 1/2 gallon – Milk
• 2 cups – Sugar
• 6 cups – water
• 5-6 – Cardamoms
• Some dry, shredded Coconut
- Make paneer out of milk. Let it drain in a muslin cloth for about 6 hours to get rid of all the water.
- Boil sugar with water. Add whole cardamoms to it.
- Make oval shapes (about 2″ long) with the paneer.
- When the water boils, drop the paneer into it, one by one.
- Boil them uncovered for about 25 to 30 minutes. Let them cool down overnight.
- In the morning, take them out of the sugar syrup, put them on the rack.
- Roll them in dried, powdered coconut and serve chilled, adding a few rose petals as a garnish.
Recipe courtesy of Lizy