• 1 liter – Milk
• 3 tbsp – Sugar
• 1/2 tbsp – Cardamom seeds, lightly crushed
• 3 (about 750 g) – sweet, loose-skinned Oranges (peeled and segmented)
- Bring milk and sugar to boil. Stir for about 8 minutes, until sugar dissolves.
- Lower heat, add elaichi and let it simmer for about 12 to 15 minutes, stirring continuously to keep it smooth, until the milk is reduced to one third its original volume.
- Stir in orange segments. Simmer and stir for 5 minutes or till reduced to half of its original volume.
- To cool slightly, keep to one side.
- Meanwhile, grate 2 tbsps of the peel for garnish.
- Transfer pudding to individual dessert cups or serving bowl.
- Scatter grated peel over it and serve warm, with a dash of elaichi powder.
Recipe courtesy of Jothi