• 1 – Fresh coconut, scraped
• 1 tsp – Dry red chillies, coarsely ground
• 1.5 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 10 – Madras onions, medium sized, peeled and chopped
• 1 – Green chilli, chopped
• Juice of 1 Lemon
• Salt to taste
- Pound the onion and green chilli till they are mashed. Do not make into a paste.
- Add the coarsely ground chillies and pound for about 30 seconds.
- Add chilli powder to the coconut and mix well.
- Add lime juice and salt.
- Mix well until the entire coconut gets thoroughly mixed with the other ingredients.