• 1 kg – chicken, cut in medium pieces.
• 3 to 4 – onions, sliced fine.
• 2 to 3 – green chillies.
• 1.5 tsp – Ginger Garlic paste.
• 2 tsps – pepper powder.
• 3/4 tsp – Turmeric powder.
• 6 tbsps – oil.
• Few curry leaves.
• Salt to taste.
- In oil, add the sliced onions and cook till transparent and reduced in quantity.
- Add pepper powder, turmeric and saute well.
- To this, add ginger garlic paste and cook till oil comes out.
- Put in the chicken pieces, salt and curry leaves. Keep stirring till chicken gets coated with the masala.
- Reduce flame. Cover and cook for 10 mins.
- A little water may be added, if more gravy is required.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Can be had with rice or parathas.
Recipe courtesy of Kanchana Thilakan