• 1 big Pomfret
• salt to taste
• Â½ to 3/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1.5 tsp – Red Chilli powder (or as per taste)
• 1 lemon-sized Tamarind
• sufficient oil to shallow-fry the fish
• To be ground:
• 1 small bunch Coriander leaves (chopped)
• 12 Cloves Garlic
• 4 to 5 chopped Green chillies (as per taste)
- Clean and wash the fish.
- Cut the fish into thin slices.
- Smear salt on the fish and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Apply turmeric powder and red chilli powder on the fish pieces.
- Soak the tamarind in some lukewarm water for a few minutes.
- Grind together coriander leaves, green chillies, and garlic to a fine paste.
- Marinate the fish pieces in the coriander paste.
- Evenly sprinkle the tamarind water on the fish pieces and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Lightly heat oil in a nonstick pan and shallow-fry the fish on a medium flame till it turns golden. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja