• Coriander -1 large bunch
• Basmati Rice- 2 cups
• Potato -1 small
• Ginger Paste-1 tsp
• Garlic Paste-1 tsp
• Onion (large) -1/4th
• Green Chillies-2
• Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
• Oil- 2 to 3 tbsp
• Split Urad Dal-1 tsp
• Salt as per taste
• Lemon – 4 tsp
- Wash coriander, cut and grind it to paste. Cut onions and green chillies into long slices.
- Cut potato into small cubes and cook them well.
- Cook basmati rice. Rice should be loose after cooked.
- In a pan heat oil and add urad dal, cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste, onions and green chillies. Saute until onions turn golden yellow.
- Now add coriander paste and fry till oil separates.
- Mix cooked rice and potatoes. Add salt.
- Squeeze lemon after everything is cooked.
- Serve hot with raitha.
- Cut onions, green chillies and tomatoes into very small pieces.
- Add salt and curd to it.
Recipe courtesy of Sudha Jayram