• 4 cups – fresh Corn seeds (or tinned Corn seeds)
• 2 cups – gram flour
• 1 cup – sour Curd
• 3 tsp – Green chilli and Ginger paste
• 1 tsp – ajwain powder
• 1 tsp -turmeric
• salt to taste,
• baking soda – 1.5 tsp.
• oil for greasing and for tadka, mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafetida.
- Grind the all corn seeds in to paste in a mixer. the paste should not be very fine. Take this paste of corn in a big bowl, add 2 cups of gram flour and 1 cup of sour curd. Mix it well and keep it aside for 2 hours for fermentation.
- After 2- 2.5 hrs. take the mixture, add ginger chilli paste, salt to taste, ajwain powder, turmeric and water as per need to make it consistency of dhokla batter.
- In the end add baking soda and mix it thoroughly.
- Pour this mixture in a pre greased pan.
- Keep this pan in microwave high for 7 minutes, then keep the pan inside for a while and then remove it from microwave.
- After five minutes of removing it from microwave cut it into square pieces with a knife.
- For tadka heat oil in a pan when heated add mustard, and curry leaves and asafoetida(hing) in to it. pour this tadka on the set and cut dhokla evenly. Serve hot, garnished with coriander and grated coconut. serve with tomato sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Shilpa