• 1 kg – Chicken mince
• 2 – Green chillies
• 1 – medium onion, cubed
• 1 – Egg white separated
• 1 cup – bread crumbs
• 1/2 tsp – pepper powder
• 1/4 cup – cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp – Garlic powder/ paste
• 1 tbsp – Vinegar
• Salt to taste
• Olive oil to shallow fry
- Toss all the ingredients, except the oil, egg and bread crumbs into the mixer and grind them together.
- In a large bowl, pour out the chicken mixture and add the white of the egg. Mix well.
- Shape into 8 cutlets, pressing firmly in your palm.
- Add some bread crumbs or more beaten egg, as required, to ensure it binds together well.
- Coat with beaten egg yolk followed by bread crumbs and set aside to rest.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the cutlets on both side to a nice golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup, sauce or any chutney of your choice, or use them to make burgers.
Recipe courtesy of Mearl Fernandes