• 3 cups – raw Rice flour
• 50g – Butter
• 3 tsp – salt
• 3 tsp – sesame seeds
• 1/2 cup – Coconut
• 10g – Coconut oil
• Bengal Gram dal – a handful
• 1 tsp – Asafoetida
• Water – as required
• Oil for deep frying
- Soak rice in water for half an hour and dry it in a cloth for another half an hour.
- Then grind to a fine powder. Sieve the flour and fry it in a kadai to remove excess dampness, if any.
- Sieve the flour again and, to this, add butter, salt, coconut, sesame seed, Bengal gram dal, and asafoetida and mix well.
- Add water and make a soft dough out of it.
- Apply some coconut oil on the palm and take a lemon-sized ball of the dough and pat it into a small circle.
- Transfer it into the hot oil. Put about 10 to 15 thattais at a time in the oil.
- Remove after done.
Recipe courtesy of srividya