• Cucumber – 1
• 1/2 coconut, grated
• Gram dal – 1 cup
• Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
• Red Chilli – 7-8
• Tamarind – a small ball
• Jaggery or Gur – 1 tsp
• Coriander – a few
• Oil – 2 tsp
• Mustard – 1 tsp
• Curry leaves (optional)
• Salt to taste
- Peel the cucumber and cut it into small pieces.
- Add a spoon of oil in a kadai and fry the gram dal, cumin seeds, and the chilli till they turn brown in colour.
- Now take the coconut, salt, tamarind, jaggery, and the fried dal and spices, and grind them into a slightly coarse paste.
- In the end, put the chopped cucumber in the mixer and grind coarsely.
- Heat one teaspoon of oil and add curry leaves and mustard.
- Allow the mustard to splutter and add this to the chutney.
- This goes very well with chapati and rice.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Prathibha