• 1 cup – Urad Dal
• Green chilli – according to taste
• Salt, to taste
• Curry leaves – a few, chopped
• Coriander leaves, finely chopped
• Carrot – finely grated
• 2 cups – yogurt
• Oil, for frying the vada
- Soak the urad dal for an hour.
- Grind it into a fine paste along with green chilli and salt.
- Add curry leaves and coriander leaves to it.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Take small balls of the dal and flatten it in your hand and make a small hole with your thumb and put it in the oil and deep fry until golden brown.
- Once all the vadas are done, place them in an open tray and pour the yogurt on top of it and garnish it with more coriander leaves and the finely grated carrot.
- Leave this for an hour before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Ranjani R