• Milk – 2 cups
• Sugar – 6 tbsp
• vanilla custard powder – 2 tbsp
• seedless Dates – 200 gm
• Honey dew melon – 4 cups, peeled and cubed
• Cashew nuts – 3 tbsp, chopped
• fresh Cream and assorted nuts for decoration
- Chop dates, add 1 cup water and soak for 1 hr.
- Add 3 tbsp sugar and cook till it becomes like jam.
- Add cashew nuts.
- Mix custard powder with 1/4 cup of milk.
- Heat remaining milk.
- When it begins to boil, add the custard powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining sugar.
- Remove from fire and allow to cool.
- Mash 2 cup of melon cubes and sweeten to taste with sugar if desired.
- In a pudding bowl, pour alternate layers of melon pieces, custard, melon pulp and date mixture.
- Decorate with cream and nuts and serve chilled.