• 2 tbsp – omam (thymol)
• 2 tbsp – Coriander seeds
• 2 tbsp – black pepper
• 2 tbsp – Cumin seeds
• 2 tbsp – dry or fresh Ginger
• 2 – Cardamom
• 4 tbsp – Ghee
• Jaggery – as needed
- Warm up all the ingredients – except ghee and jaggery – so that they can be ground into a fine powder. Roasting is not necessary.
- Powder all the ingredients as fine as possible. Add water and make it into a paste.
- Measure the paste, and take twice the quantity of palm jaggery or plain jaggery
- Cook the paste with jaggery till it becomes slushy, and add a little ghee.
- Cook until the soft ball stage and add the remaining ghee.
- Blend well and switch off flame.
- When cooled, store in a clean dry bottle.
- Recipe and image courtesy: Chitra Amma’s Kitchen