• 1 big Hilsa fish, sliced
• Black cumin – a pinch
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• Mustard oil
• 3-4 – Green chilli
• 200 g – Curd (unsalted)
• Salt to taste
- Clean the fish and marinate it with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil for deep frying, place the fish carefully in it and cook both sides for a minute each.
- Remove the pieces and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat some oil and add some black cumin. Saute for about a minute till it turns fragrant.
- Meanwhile, beat the curd. Then add it to the oil. Mix well until smooth.
- Add slit chillies and salt. Then add the fish and cook for about a minute and remove from heat.
- Serve with basmati rice.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi