Amazingly luscious sweet with rich flavor of dried figs and dates and of course dry fruits. Dry Fruits andamp; Fig Rolls is a crunchy savory with chewy texture. Both the dry fruits and figs make an amazing and truly divine combination. With easily available Ingredients, you can now make your family go, “Wow”, with this easy and quick recipe.
– 20 pieces dry figs
– 1 1/2 cups dates
– 1/3 Cup walnuts
– 1/3 Cup cashew nuts
– 1/3 Cup almonds
– 1/3 Cup pistachios
– 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
– 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
– 1 cup water
– Silver warq as required
How To Make?
1. Soak dry figs in warm water for about 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, de-seed the dates and chop them into pieces also finely chop all dry fruits.
3. When figs are soaked drain them and grind it along with chopped dates into smooth paste.
4. Mix half of all the dry fruits with the paste of dates and figs. Mix everything well and make soft pitiable dough.
5. Now add coconut and mix again well it will hels to make dough firm and non-sticky.
6. Divide the dough into four pieces and make smooth balls.
7. Take a piece and keep between plastic sheets and roll to make a thin layer and cut the edges if required.
8. Sprinkle all the chopped dry fruits around 1 tablespoon of each and start to fold the layer into a roll, use plastic sheet for folding, and make sure the dough won’t stick or break.
9. Keep the roll wrap in the plastic sheet and fold the sheets edges.
10. Repeat this whole procedure for remaining pieces.
11. Store this wrapped roll in fridge for 2-4 hours then apply silver warq and cut them into desired shape using sharp knife.
12. Delicious dry fruits andamp; fig rolls are ready. Enjoy your Diwali and serve this sweet to your family and friends.
Preparation Time: 1 + 1/2 hours