• 1 lb – Pumpkin (yellow)
• 2 – Onions
• 2 – Tomatoes
• 2 -green chillies
• 1 tsp – Sugar
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/4 cup – grated Coconut
• chopped Cilantro
• Bengal Gram dhal
• Urad dhal
- Chop onions, green chillies and tomatoes finely.
- Cut the pumpkin into medium size pieces.
- Heat tawa and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add Bengal gram dhal and Urad dhal.
- Add onions, fry till it becomes soft and add tomatoes.
- Add chopped pumpkin and fry it.
- Then add salt, sugar, Red Chilli powder and fry it well.
- Sprinkle some water and allow the pumpkin to cook until it becomes soft.
- Add grated coconut at the end and garnish with cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Jayalakshmi