• 1.5 cup – flour
• 3/4 cup – oil
• 3/4 cup – Sugar
• 1 cup – Dates
• 3/4 cup – Walnuts
• 1.5 tsp – baking soda (levelled)
- Wash the dates, remove the seeds, chop it, and soak it in water for 1/2 hour.
- Beat the oil and sugar thoroughly. Sieve flour (maida) and baking soda together.
- Add this to the oil and sugar mix and beat well.
- To this add the soaked dates along with water.
- Beat the mix again, after adding chopped walnuts.
- Bake it at 190 degree C until done.
- Remove cake from pan after it cools down.
Recipe courtesy of Snehmittal