• 18 – seedless Dates
• 3/4 cup – Milk
• 3/4 cup – Sugar
• 1 cup – all purpose flour or Maida
• 1/2 cup – oil
• 1 tsp – baking soda
• 1 tbsp each – cashews, Walnuts (optional)
- Soak the dates overnight in milk.
- Add sugar to the dates and grind them to a smooth paste along with the milk in which it was soaked.
- Add oil to the dates and mix.
- Sieve together flour and baking soda
- Add the flour one tbsp at a time and mix slowly
- Add the nuts and mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Bake the cake in a greased oven proof dish for 35-40 min (or till a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean)
Recipe courtesy of Ash