• 250 gm – Cream cheese
• 170 gm – Cream
• 75 gm – Unsalted Butter (melted)
• 1/2 cup – Sugar
• 3/4 to 1 cup – Mango puree
• 15 gm (1 tbsp) – China grass (you can substitute with gelatin too)
• 1/4 cup – Water
• 1.5 cups – Biscuit crumbs
• 2 tbsp – Toasted nuts (optional)
- Powder the biscuits coarsely. Add melted butter and mix well till slightly moist.
- The biscuit base is ready. You can set the cheese cake in an 8 inch spring form pan or in individual glasses.
- If using the latter, spoon the mixture into each glass, press it firmly with the back of a spoon and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, you can make the other 2 layers ready. Add China grass in water and heat.
- Once the China grass is completely dissolved, take it off the flame and keep aside.
- Chop the mango pieces roughly and puree until smooth.
- Add the puree to the dissolved China grass and mix well.
- Then add half of this mixture to a bowl containing cream, cream cheese and sugar (reserve the other half for the 3rd layer). Mix well until evenly distributed.
- Add the cheese-mango layer to the glasses till they are three quarters full and return them back to the fridge to rest for at least 1.5 hours.
- Then pour the reserved mango puree and allow to set for 4-5 hours or preferably overnight.
- Dry toast the nuts (or with a little ghee) until slightly crispy and serve chilled with chopped nuts of your choice. Recipe courtesy: Sharmi’s Passions
Recipe courtesy of Sharmilee