• curds – 2 cups
• Methi leaves – one and a half cup (discard stems)
• oil – 2 tbsp
• Bengal Gram (Channa) Dal – 1 tbsp
• Onion – 1/2 cup, minced
• Green chillies 2-3, minced
• salt to taste
• Sugar – 1 tsp
- Line a soup strainer with thin cloth and pour the curd in it.
- Let the whey drain till 1 cup thick curd remains in the cloth (reserve 2 tbsp of whey)
- Transfer the curd to a bowl and beat till smooth. Add sugar.
- Heat oil in a Kadai and add the Dal. When it turns brown, add onion, Methi leaves and chillies.
- Add salt and the reserved whey. Cover and cook till the leaves are soft.
- If there is moisture, increase the flame and stir till the mixture is dry.
- Cool the Methi mixture and combine with the curd. Taste and correct the seasoning.