• 3 -potatoes boiled, peeled, and mashed well
• 1/2 kg – of any flesh fish without the bones
• 2 green chillies, chopped finely
• 1 tsp – pepper powder
• 2 tsp – chopped Coriander leaves
• 1- egg, beaten well
• 3 tbsp – bread crumbs
• 3 tbsp – oil
- Boil the fish in a little water and salt for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Crumble the fish with a fork and mix it together with the potatoes, green chillies, pepper powder, salt, and coriander leaves.
- Form into cutlets.
- Heat the oil in a flat pan.
- When hot, dip each cutlet into the beaten egg, roll in breadcrumbs, and shallow-fry on low heat on both sides till brown.
- Serve with rice and dhal or pepper water.
- These cutlets could also be served as a starter at a party.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White