• 1 kg – flounder, cut into 1 inch pieces ( can use any other white-fleshed fish)
• 1/2 cup – chopped yellow Onion
• 1 – jalapeno pepper, deseeded and chopped
• 1/4 cup – freshly grated Coconut
• A handful of chopped coriander
• 1.25 cup – heavy Cream
• 3 – Egg whites
• 1 tsp – salt
• 1/2 tsp – pepper powder
• Juice of 1 Lemon
• 1 tbsp – Butter
• 2 tbsp – dry bread crumbs
- In a pan, cook the fish along with 1.5 to 2 cups of water with salt, pepper and half of the lemon juice.
- In another pan, add a tbsp of butter, chopped onion and jalapeno pepper, fry until the onion turns translucent.
- Grind the fish pieces, onion and jalapeno, grated coconut, coriander leaves and lemon juice to make a smooth paste.
- Put the fish dough in a pan, add the egg whites and stir on medium fire until the fish dough becomes soft and fluffy.
- Lastly add cream and stir for less than a minute.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Boil water in a pan to be used later for baking pudding.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a pan with butter.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly and also grease aluminium foil to cover the pan.
- Pour the mixture in the pan, bang the pan gently to remove any air bubbles.
- Seal the pan with the greased foil, place the pan in a deep baking tray, add boiling water way up till it covers 3/4 of the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and carefully invert so that the pudding comes out smoothly.
- Serve hot.
- Recipe Courtesy: Only Fish Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Sonali